Friday 28 February 2014

waxing gibbous


For those interested in what my next tattoo is going to be - here it is. It's a glyph for the 'waxing gibbous' moon phase. This is the phase when the moon is on it's way to being full, but isn't quite there yet. It's a time for learning, growing and starting new things. 

All in all - it's where I am in my life right now.

I'm planning on getting it on the back of my neck so I can show it off whenever I please with a quick change in hairstyle. I'm also planning on getting the cherry blossoms on my arm coloured in - I'm thinking bright blues and yellows. 

I keep seeing TV shows like 'My Tattoo Hell' trying desperately to warn people from getting tattoos, but ironically it just makes my want to get more. I love every inking on my body as they each tell a story.

The wonky star on my stomach reminds me of my fresh start at University, while the flowers on my arm remind me of that time I travelled to Thailand. The Tibetan symbol on my wrist represents the strength it took me to overcome Anorexia. The feathers falling from my ribs denote my freedom from depression, and the star residing on my foot will forever remind me of my sister. I have script to remind me to keep dreaming and a heart to signify family.

To onlookers they may appear messy, but to me they are perfect.

1 comment:

Maria Fallon said...

This is such a gorgeous design, I love hearing what people's tattoos mean!

Maria xxx

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...